Location:Room 10, Capital suite (level 3)
The course is Video based. The steps in the surgical treatment of muscle invasive bladder cancer by conventional laparoscopy and robot-assisted technique will be described. The surgical technique to perform Male and female cystectomy, lymph node dissection, urinary diversion with extracorporeal and intracorporeal technique, conduits as well as orthotopic neobladders, will be shown. Indications, contraindications, outcomes and handling of complications will be discussed.
• The surgical steps in nerve sparing and non-nerve sparing male cystectomy
• The surgical steps in female cystectomy with and without organ sparing technique
• The surgical steps in lymph node dissection during cystectomy
• The technique in urinary diversion, conduit and neobladder, with intra and extracorporeal technique
• Indications, outcomes and complications after minimally invasive cystectomy
• The handling of the most common complications after minimally invasive cystectomy.