Location:Room Africa, Exhibition Hall (Level 1)
Aims and objectives for the Vaporesection and Vaporization of BPH training:
• The trainee will understand the tissue vaporization effect by the Thulium
2 micron continuous wave laser, the limited depth of tissue damage and how to vaporize and to perform a cut in tissue.
• The trainee is challenged to introduce the laser resectoscope into the artificial organ of the training device, maneuver the resectoscope in the artificial prostatic urethra and manage to vaporize and cut tissue samples.
Aims and objectives for Holmium laser lithotripsy:
• the fragmentation effect on artificial stones by the Holmium laser at different laser settings and the importance of the fibre position with respect to the stone,
• the handling of rigid and flexible ureterorenoscopes,
• importance and influence of the irrigation management.